ABOUT THE MICHIGAN JOURNALISM HALL OF FAME
The Michigan Journalism Hall of Fame (HOF) recognizes reporters, editors, publishers, owners, photographers, broadcasters, educators, and others who have made outstanding contributions to the profession. The Michigan Journalism Hall of Fame was established to recognize those who have advanced the legacy of a free and responsible press and who have inspired others to improve the quality of the profession.
It acknowledges the service and dedication of individuals whose distinguished contributions to the profession in their communities, regions or the state have earned them a place in the Michigan Journalism Hall of Fame. Induction memorializes extraordinary and clearly outstanding careers. From its beginnings in 1952 by the Newspaper Hall of Fame, the Journalism Hall of Fame has continued the tradition of honoring journalists since 1985.
The purpose of the contest is to design a logo for the HOF. The logo may be used in all media – including online, print, on merchandise and other visual collateral. Following are the official contest rules:
- To be eligible, entrant must be a high school or college student.
- Individuals may submit no more than two entries (a separate Entry Form must accompany each submission).
- All submitted work must be the original work of the entrant and must not include, be based on, or derived from any pre-existing or third-party designs, trademarks, or copyrighted images.
- All entries will become the property of the HOF. By submitting an entry, entrant agrees that any and all intellectual property rights in the logo design are deemed assigned to HOF.
- Except where prohibited by law, an entry submission into this contest constitutes permission to use the winner’s name, likeness, prize information, and information provided on the entry form for publicity purposes, without further permission or compensation.
- HOF reserves the right to modify the winning logo to better fit its needs.
- The decisions of the Selection Committee will be final.
- The selected winner MUST submit a scalable vector version of the winning design so that it is adaptable to electronic and print media, to reproduction on small and large surfaces, and to use in color or in grayscale.
How to Enter
To enter the HOF Logo Design Contest, eligible participants must:
- Complete the Official Entry Form on the next page.
- Submit a logo design in PDF format (if you are chosen as a winner, you MUST be able to provide a high resolution vector file- e.g., in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, or InDesign).
- Submit your completed Entry Form and logo design to [email protected] by Monday, January 13, 2020.
A Selection Committee comprised of the HOF staff will evaluate all entries based on the following criteria (though other criteria may be considered):
- Relevance – Does the entry align with the theme and goals of the HOF?
- Originality – Does the composition exhibit original design, creativity, and imagination?
- Aesthetic Quality – Does the submission command attention? Does it display visual balance and color coordination? Do all the elements work together to create a unified and appealing design?
The winner will receive a $1,000 award. The Selection Committee reserves the right to not select a winner, if in its sole discretion, no suitable entries are received.